One of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures is the placement of porcelain veneers. In fact, many patients who visit Germantown Dental Group in Memphis choose to undergo the dental veneers treatment process to improve the appearance of the smile.
For patients with damaged, chipped, stained, misshaped, or misaligned teeth, porcelain veneers are an ideal treatment option. In a short period of time, usually within one or two dental visits, patients can achieve a picture perfect with porcelain veneers.
By bonding a thin shell of porcelain to the front of the teeth, veneers conceal dental flaws. Porcelain veneers can give patients that white, vibrant, beautiful smile they’ve always wanted. While many people deem porcelain veneers to be expensive, the results are worth it.
How Much Do Porcelain Veneers Cost
Cost can vary greatly for porcelain veneers. On average, they range from around $1,400 to $2,000 per tooth, but last about 10 to 15 years. While the cost might sound like a large sum all at once, it’s actually a reasonable price considering the longevity of the product.
However, the cost of porcelain veneers depends on many factors, including the condition of the teeth, the number of teeth, the materials used, and the cosmetic dentist who performs the treatment. Here are some factors that influence price:
- Cosmetic dentist – The cost of treatment may be higher when performed by a well-known and skilled cosmetic dentist. While patients may be inclined to seek out lower prices when it comes to dental work, patients should instead choose a dentist that is qualified to perform the procedure.
- Materials used – Veneers can be made from a variety of materials including porcelain or composite resin. They can also have a base made from zirconia, which strengthens the veneers. The quality of the material affects the cost of veneers.
- Condition of the teeth – Price also depends on the condition of the teeth. If the teeth are damaged or require significant preparation, it will take more work to make the veneers fit each tooth. The technical skill that is required will be taken into account when determining price.
- Number of teeth – Because the veneers are priced by tooth, the end sum will be dependent on how many teeth are being placed. The more teeth that require veneers, the higher the cost will be.
- Insurance – Dental insurance could make a difference in how much patients have to pay. However, many insurance companies don’t cover cosmetic procedures. If the teeth require restorative work to prepare the teeth for veneers, insurance may cover those costs.
As with most cosmetic dental surgeries, patients can pay for porcelain veneers in full with cash, credit card, debit card, personal checks, or through insurance. Unfortunately, most insurance companies don’t cover cosmetic procedures, so patients usually end up paying out of pocket.
Some dental practices also offer payment plans. Whether it’s through the practice or through a third-party financing company, patients are able to submit payments periodically. Patients should consult a dentist to get an accurate price quote and determine how they will pay for the veneers before committing to treatment.
The cosmetic dentists at Germantown Dental Group are leaders in the realm of cosmetic dentistry. They strive to satisfy your needs and give you the perfect smile you’ve always wanted. To find out more information about porcelain veneer costs or explore the rest of our services, give us call at (886) 880-8812. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!